THE DEPARTMENT OF MEDICINE IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT FACILITIES IN THE CENTRE WITH A TEAM OF MORE THAN 20 CANCER SPECIALISTS.
It covers a broad spectrum of activities, including treatment of all types of cancers, as well as rare forms.
It is equipped for all stages of care:
- Medical consultations
- The most effective diagnostic methods (digital imaging, ultrasound, mammography, scintigraphy, CT scan, PETScan, MRI, …)
- Complete hospitalization, week hospital, or day care in the chemotherapy unit.
- Support care
- Access to clinical research, with the aim of advancing treatments while reducing their side effects.
It therefore provides a broad range of care and a state-of-the-art technical platform, complemented by an extensive network built with local health establishments and health professionals.
The Department cares for patients with solid or haematological tumors, in the various phases of the disease (initial diagnosis, extension assessment, treatment, post-treatment follow-up, palliative phase).
Strategic therapeutic decisions are systematically taken during the Multidisciplinary Consultation Meeting organized under the responsibility of referent coordinators in the fields concerned:
- Senology (mammary pathology)
- Thoracic pathology
- Sarcomas / rare tumors
- Skin tumors
CLINICAL MANAGEMENT OF PATIENTS TAKES PLACE :
- During consultations,
- In the day hospital for short care,
- In week hospitalisation for a stay of 1 or 2 nights (closed weekends)
- In conventional hospitalisation
- Digestive endoscopy,
- Cell therapy center (autografts),
- Molecular therapy CPR.
The DEPARTMENT’s activites are in function of the centre’S key MISSIONS
- Clinical management
- Research activities
- Teaching activities
Referent oncology digestive: Dr. Eric FRANCOIS
Referent oncology gynecology: Dr. Philippe FOLLANA
Referent oncology senology: Pr Jean-Marc FERRERO
Referent oncology urology: Pr Jean-Marc FERRERO
Hematology oncology referees: Pr Antoine THYSS – Pr Frédéric PEYRADE
Referent sarcomas: Pr Antoine THYSS
Referent oncology pneumology: Dr Michel POUDENX
ENT oncology referrees – rare tumors: Pr Joël GUIGAY – Pr Frédéric PEYRADE
Oncogeriatric referent: Dr. Eric FRANCOIS
Referent skin tumors: Pr Antoine THYSS
Referent neuro-oncology: Dr. Esma SAADA-BOUZID
Onco-genetic referent: Dr Véronique MARI