AN ADVANCED TECHNICAL PLATFORM TO PROVIDE PERSONALIZED TREATMENT
Lacassagne is one of the only institutions in France to offer all radiotherapy treatment techniques, ranging from contact radiotherapy (50 kV) to high energy proton therapy, including brachytherapy, stereotaxic radiotherapy (cranial extra-cranial therapy). robotic (Cyberknife®), helical radiotherapy (Tomotherapy), low energy proton therapy and image-guided intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) with dynamic arc therapy.
2016 was a big year for the Radiotherapy Department with the acquisition of high energy proton therapy equipment which is unique worldwide, with a focus on pediatric oncology, the implementation of a new Cyberknife®, and also the acquisition of a dosimetric scanner dedicated to high-energy proton therapy and a second Tomotherapy device.
A CUTTING EDGE TECHNICAL PLATFORM
- Two high energy linear accelerators (Varian)
- Two tomotherapy accelerators (Tomotherapy ™)
- A brachytherapy projector
- Stereotactic radiotherapy device (CyberKnife®)
- A contact therapy device (Papillon 50®)
- A low energy proton accelerator (Medicyc)
- A high energy proton accelerator (Proteus® One)
THE RADIOTHERAPY DEPARTMENT IS LOCATED ON TWO SITES
- The site is located at 33 avenue de Valombrose in Nice, building B Main activities
External radiotherapy (2 Varian accelerators and 2 tomotherapies), brachytherapy, contact radiotherapy.
Contact +33 (0)4 92 03 16 23
- The West site located at 227 avenue de la Lanterne in Nice, Mediterranean Institute of Proton Therapy
High Energy Proton Therapy (Proteus® One), Low Energy Proton Therapy (Medicyc ™), Cyberknife®.
+33 (0)4 92 03 10 84
Contact Proton Therapy
Learn more about Mediterranean Proton Therapy Institute
Head of Service: Pr Jean-Michel HANNOUN-LEVI
Deputy : Dr Karen BENEZERY
Managers : Mrs Isabelle TARTAMELLA, Mrs Sabine CIPPOLINI
Coordinators : Mme Hélène BONIFASSI – M. Fabien PIROSA